Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
OWASP Cincinnati Meetings
Thursday, June 23, 2011 from 11:30 AM to 1:30 PM (EDT)
Blue Ash, OH
- When: Thursday June 23th 11.30 AM - 1.30 PM, Presentation starts at 12.00 PM
- Location / Venue Sponsor: Citi, 9997 Carver Road Blue Ash Ohio, 45242
- Rafal Los, Application Security Evangelist at HP :"Magic Numbers - Proving Success Through 5 Powerful KPIs"
- By now, most enterprises have figured out the dire need for software security assurance (SSA) programs, and are working on improving the security of their applications. The problems these organizations face now is that these initiatives are most often security-team-driven and either fear-based or run on "black magic". As organizations mature and start to examine budgets and program spending more carefully - these SSA programs are having a difficult time explaining what they do, and how (if at all) they're succeeding in lowering the risk posture of their parent organization. This talk defines Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) which will help bridge the gaps between the business and the technical security team that supports it. The KPIs presented will provide business context and assist in having a more intelligent conversation with the rest of the technology organization when it comes to answering the question "Is the [SSA] program working?".
- Speaker Bio:
- Rafal Los is the Application Security Evangelist for the Software & Solutions business at Hewlett-Packard. Rafal combines knowledge of industry, customer, and technology solutions- bridging the gaps between security technologies and business needs. Rafal focuses on how organizations can demonstrate the business value of software security by implementing practical solutions and measuring risk reduction as part of HP's Application Security team. He has spent over 11 years in various facets of information security and data protection, from technical research to building programs at companies ranging from startups to Fortune 50 enterprises. Rafal is a regular speaker at public and private information security and quality conferences (including OWASP, SecTor, Defcon, Black Hat, SANS and others). Additionally, Los contributes to regularly to organizations such as the Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP) and others promoting education, openness and standards. Prior to joining HP, Los led the web application security program and served as a security lead at a Global Fortune 100. Los also worked with various sub-businesses, leading security engineering, architecture and building the web application security program. Los has a long history of strategic success with organizations large and small, providing critical strategic leadership on products, services, and strategy. Rafal received his B.S. in Computer Information Systems from Concordia University, River Forest, Ill.
- 11:30-12.00 Check in & Pizza
- 12.00-12.45 Presentation
- 12.45-1.15 Q&A Session
When & Where
OWASP Cincinnati Chapter
The Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP) is a 501c3 not-for-profit worldwide charitable organization focused on improving the security of application software. Our mission is to make application security visible, so that people and organizations can make informed decisions about true application security risks.
Thanks for your RSVP to the OWASP meeting next Wednesday.
For the late comers, there is still room to RSVP.
Please also subscribe to the mailing list
The agenda for the meeting, abstract and presenter bio are published on the OWASP web page http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Cincinnati#Upcoming_January_Meeting